Join your host David Pluviose for an insightful interview with Texas A&M San Antonio President Dr. Cynthia Teniente-Matson, a first-generation college student who has become a leading force in higher education. Driven by a strong purpose to help people change their lives, Dr. Cynthia Teniente-Matson brings unique perspectives to the table to serve countless underprivileged students. Tune in to find out what inspired her to begin her journey in higher education, how she tackles disparities in higher education, and her hopes for minority students in the years to come.
- Bringing unique perspective as a first-generation graduate.
- How can we tackle disparities in higher education?
- Initiatives to encourage enrolment enrollment for underprivileged students.
- What the “New Truth” looks like post-pandemic.
- Dr. Cynthia Teniente-Matson’s 2040 vision.
- How do we engage with students on social issues and unrest?
“Many of our students come from homes filled with love and homes filled with hope for a brighter future. And so part of that is helping to identify and pave that guided pathway for what it takes to be successful as a college student.”
PRODUCTS / RESOURCES:
Visit the Diverse: Issues In Higher Education website: https://diverseeducation.com
Or follow us on social media:
In The Margins is produced Diverse: Issues In Higher Education by Instapodcasts (visit at www.instapodcasts.com)