Create a free Diverse: Issues In Higher Education account to continue reading

Texas A&M Completes Nine-Year Fundraising Campaign, Raises $4.25 Billion

Texas A&M University’s $4 billion “Lead by Example” campaign, which spanned nine years, has ended with $4.25 billion raised, according to Texas A&M officials.

Texas Am University E1614279530316The campaign – launched publicly 2015 but started in 2012 – was a joint project between Texas A&M, the Texas A&M Foundation, The Association of Former Students, the 12th Man Foundation, the George & Barbara Bush Foundation and the Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets Association.

903,600 gifts were made to Texas A&M, leading to 3,364 new endowments. Alumni were responsible for more than 60% of gifts, with the other approximately 40% coming from non-alumni and public and private foundations. Current and former A&M faculty and staff gave $61 million. And students completed approximately 12 million reported volunteer hours.

The campaign “pushed forward an institution-wide evolution by strengthening high-impact research initiatives; funding significant updates to academic and athletic facilities; creating life-changing endowed scholarships and chairs for students and faculty; and bolstering traditions and programs that make Aggieland a world-renowned campus environment,” said Texas A&M Interim President John Junkins.


A New Track: Fostering Diversity and Equity in Athletics
American sport has always served as a platform for resistance and has been measured and critiqued by how it responds in critical moments of racial and social crises.
Read More
A New Track: Fostering Diversity and Equity in Athletics