The American Educational Research Association (AERA) announced that 18 scholars have been selected as 2022 AERA Fellows. AERA is a national interdisciplinary research association focused on the study of education and learning. The Fellows Program recognizes education researchers for distinguished work in the field.
"We are thrilled to honor the 2022 AERA Fellows for their exceptional scholarship and significant contributions to the field," said Dr. Felice J. Levine, executive director of AERA. "AERA Fellows demonstrate the highest standards of excellence. We welcome the class of 2022 to these prestigious ranks."
The 2022 Fellows were nominated by their peers and selected by the Fellows Committee as well as approved by the AERA Council, which is the association's elected governing body. On April 22 of this year, the Fellows will be inducted during AERA's 2022 Annual Meeting. There are 696 total AERA Fellows.
The 2022 AERA Fellows are:
- Marina U. Bers, Tufts University
- Mimi Bong, Korea University
- Curtis J. Bonk, Indiana University
- Gloria Swindler Boutte, University of South Carolina
- Ivar Braten, University of Oslo
- John B. Diamond, Brown University
- Drew H. Gitomer, Rutgers University
- M. Gail Jones, North Carolina State University
- Francesca Lopez, The Pennsylvania State University
- Jerome E. Morris, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Anne-Marie Núñez, The Ohio State University
- Lily Orland-Barak, The University of Haifa
- Lori Patton Davis, The Ohio State University
- Olle ten Cate, University Medical Center Utrecht
- Brendesha M. Tynes, University of Southern California
- Erica N. Walker, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Helen Margaret Gilchrist Watt, The University of Sydney
- Eboni M. Zamani-Gallaher, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.