With more access to digital platforms it’s no surprise there has been a correlating rise in the number of incidents involving cyber bullying, racism, sexism and the like. With virtually all institutions online now due to COVID-19, what can we do to combat it and make the virtual world safer for students and faculty?
This Diverse Talk Live webcast conversation explores:
- Creating communities and safe spaces for students of color online
- Correcting, responding and properly addressing microaggressions
- Combating incivility in the online classroom
- Mental health ramifications from cyber harassment
- Standing up to cyberbullies in the online environment.